Recently at the 2013 Cisco Americas Customer Collaboration Sales Summit in Dallas, Texas we launched the first integrated voice, video, telepresence, desktop screen and IM recorder for the Cisco Unified Communications platform. IM recording completes our collaboration recording portfolio for Cisco. The Cisco Presence Server connects to the Verba Recording System, which plays the role of a Compliance Server in this scenario. Let’s see how it works.
Unified Search experience
The solution provides a unified search experience, where IM conversations are presented in the same view as your calls. This provides a great timeline view of complex conversations where the session starts with IM and is escalated into a call.
Instead of the play button of the Verba Media Player, on IM sessions a Conversation Viewer is presented, which shows the entire conversation. The solution stores the entire rich text / HTML conversation, currently a clear text representation is presented.
Full text search
The solution provides lightening fast full text search capabilities for instant messages, completely integrated with the traditional call search interface.
Complete IM compliance feature set
The Verba Recording System provides the following:
- unified search – a single search experience for voice, video and IM conversations
- full text search – search in for millions of messages
- selective recording – you decide who should be recorded
- ongoing conversations – a list of all ongoing chat conversations together with all other ongoing calls
- IM monitoring – it is possible to view contents of ongoing IM sessions (silent monitoring for IM)
- per user IM recording – recording of all chat conversations from the view point of all participants
(including one-to-one and conference chats)
- compliance message – a message can be inserted into the beginning of all chat flows (e.g. this conversation is recorded for compliance reasons)
- mixed scenarios – support for all scenarios, when chat conversations are escalated into voice, screen capture and file transfers (although the transferred files themselves are not currently recorded)
- screen recording triggers – integration with the Verba screen recording capabilities to capture the entire screen of participants
- resiliency – recording sessions seamlessly continue after network downtime
- compliance stop – chat conversations can be prevented if recording is not operational
- multiple recorders – multiple IM recorders can be connected to one Verba Media Repository
- end-to-end encryption – sessions transferred between recorders and repository are encrypted
For further information, please contact one of our experts.