Built for the Verba Platform, the only complete Collaboration Compliance solution for Cisco and Skype for Business, we are introducing the Verba Ethical Wall solution, a new way to start enforcing compliance policies and avoid firefighting and ‘after the fact’ compliance with Verba.
Introducing the Verba Ethical Wall
The new Ethical Wall can be used to control and restrict communication within an organization and to notify participants or third parties about potential violations. It is useful for many different purposes, such as ensuring legal compliance, avoiding conflicts of interest, and enforcing workplace policies and data leakage protection. Ethical Walls are utilized across different market verticals:
- Investment Banking – when communication between particular departments needs to be separated e.g. separating advisory and brokering departments
- Law firms – when separating legal teams of potentially adverse parties
- IT Security – when avoiding copyright infringements/clean room designs
- Healthcare – when preventing private medical information from being shared
Stop firefighting and ‘after the fact’ compliance
There are four key policy variants supported by the Verba Ethical Wall
- Presence Blocking
- control the visibility of your users
- define one or two directional rules
- control which external (federated) partners can see your status
- Session Blocking
- configure who can communicate with whom and when in your organization
- restrict communication modes
- granularly control the access levels of external (federated) parties
- Content Filtering
- protect your proprietary or sensitive information
- set a baseline for language use in your internal and customer communications
- automatically block or redact messages when necessary
- ensure that proper disclaimers are communicated to your external contacts
- inform parties of confidentiality, liability limitations and more
Flexible and High-Performance Rule Engine
The Verba Ethical Wall solution uses our a lightning fast, in-memory decision engine, which provides minimal delays, even in large systems, and ensures that none of the decisions rely on external servers, networks or databases. Your end users do not experience noticeable delays.
The Verba rule processing engine makes the decisions based on fully customizable policies. The Verba web interface presents your compliance policies in an easy-to-understand format.
Here is a quick example of a set of typical policies:
Ethical Wall for Skype for Business and Cisco UC
The Verba Ethical Wall seamlessly integrates with Skype for Business and Cisco Unified Communications.
For further information, contact one of our experts.